Brigard & Urrutia has been Colombia´s leading firm for 80 years. It provides legal advice and assistance in all relevant areas of business law and representation in a wide range of matters, including transactional, nontransactional, litigation and dispute resolution advice. All of its partners and associates are fluent in at least one language other than Spanish and many of them are admitted to practice in foreign jurisdictions (most notably in the state of New York). The firm’s lawyers are graduates from the top universities in Colombia and law schools located in the United States and Europe.
The firm has an extensive record as a supplier of first-rate legal services to a global clientele formed by industrial, commercial and service companies, banks and other financial institutions, private equity funds, insurance companies, as well as national and foreign government agencies and companies.
The team is comprised of 12 partners, three of whom are devoted to intellectual property, 150 associates, 24 paralegals and an administrative staff of more than 110 members. Brigard & Castro is the associate firm of Brigard & Urrutia for intellectual property matters. Both firms are fully integrated into one organization.
Areas of Practice
• Antitrust and Competition Law
• Banking and Financial Services
• Capital Markets, Securities and Private Equity
• Corporate Law
• Customs and International Trade
• Forex, Derivatives and Structured Products
• Infrastructure and Public Utilities
• Insurance and Reinsurance
• Intellectual Property
• Labor and Employment
• Litigation, Arbitration and Insolvency
• Mergers and Acquisitions
• Natural Resources and Environment
• Project Finance
• Real Estate, Urban Regulation, Hotels and Agribusiness
• Telecommunications, Media, and Technology
• Trust and Estates