Founded in 1934 and with over 80 years of experience, Brigard & Urrutia is recognized as a leading law firm in Colombia and one of the most prestigious in Latin America.
The firm provides legal advice and assistance in all relevant areas of business law and representation in a wide range of matters, including transactional, non-transactional, litigation and dispute resolution advice. All of its partners and associates are fluent in at least one language other than Spanish and many of them are admitted to practice in foreign jurisdictions (most notably in the state of New York). The firm’s lawyers are graduates from the top universities in Colombia and law schools located in the United States and Europe.
The firm has an extensive record as a supplier of first-rate legal services to a global clientele formed by industrial, commercial and service companies, banks and other financial institutions, private equity funds, insurance companies, as well as national and foreign government agencies and companies, among others.
The team is comprised of 19 partners, three of whom are devoted to intellectual property and a total of over 140 specialized attorneys. Brigard & Castro is the associate firm of Brigard & Urrutia for intellectual property matters. Both firms are fully integrated into one organization.
Areas of Practice
• Antitrust and Competition Law
• Banking and Financial Services
• Capital Markets, Securities and Private Equity
• Corporate M&A
• Customs and International Trade
• Due Diligence
• Forex, Derivatives and Structured Products
• Infrastructure and Public Utilities
• Insurance and Reinsurance
• Intellectual Property
• Labor and Employment
• Litigation, Arbitration and Insolvency
• Natural Resources and Environmental Law
• Project Finance
• Real Estate, Urban Regulation, Hotels and Agribusiness
• Telecommunications, Media, and Technology
• Trust and Estates