Founded in 1934, Brigard & Urrutia is the oldest and largest firm in Colombia providing legal advice to clients in all areas of business law. The firm has an extensive record as a supplier of first-rate legal services to a worldwide client base comprised of industrial and commercial companies from all business sectors and industries, banks, financial institutions, insurance companies and governments.
The firm is keen on creating close working relationships with its clients, based upon the highest ethical standards. Its understanding of the financial markets, experience in mergers and acquisitions and commercial transactions, and successes in landmark litigation and arbitration cases, are all factors that place Brigard & Urrutia at the very forefront of the Colombian legal community. The firm’s partners and associates often assume the role of trusted advisors concerning strategic aspects of their clients’ businesses and deals, thereby adding value to the relationship.
The team is comprised of 12 partners, three of whom are devoted to intellectual property, 140 associates, 24 paralegals and an administrative staff of more than 110 members. Brigard & Castro is the associate firm of Brigard & Urrutia for intellectual property matters. Both firms are fully integrated into one organization.
Areas of Practice
• Antitrust and Competition Law
• Banking and Financial Services
• Capital Markets and Private Equity
• Corporate Law
• Customs and International Trade
• Due Diligence
• Estate Planning
• Foreign Exchange, Derivatives and Structured Finance
• Infrastructure and Public Utilities
• Insurance and Reinsurance
• Intellectual Property
• Labor and Employment
• Litigation, Arbitration and Insolvency
• Mergers and Acquisitions
• Natural Resources and Environment
• Real Estate
• Telecommunications, Media, Entertainment and Technology