Mourant Ozannes is a leading global offshore law firm. We advise exclusively on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey and have a substantial presence in each jurisdiction as well as offices in Hong Kong and London.
Guernsey is a significant international financial center and of strategic importance to our vision. This is reflected in the size and depth of our team based here. Mourant Ozannes can trace its roots in Guernsey back to 1842 and is now one of the largest employers in the island, with nearly 150 members of staff.
We have a long tradition of exceptional service and expertise underpinning our relationships with clients who include the world’s foremost financial institutions, public companies, corporations, funds promoters and high net worth private clients. We are chosen regularly to work alongside the most respected international law firms with whom we enjoy deep and longstanding relationships.
Our “one firm” approach and extensive knowledge of offshore legal services allows us to offer clients impartial advice on the most appropriate jurisdiction for their needs.
In 2014 we worked with:
• 66% of the world’s top 100 law firms;
• 76% of the top 50 American law firms; and
• 86% of the UK’s top 50 law firms
We advise more FTSE 100 companies than any other offshore law firm and across our four jurisdictions, no other offshore law firms have more top tier directory rankings than us.
Our excellence in 2014 has been recognized with the following awards:
• Best Offshore Law Firm: Hedgeweek USA Awards 2014 and 2013;
• Best Offshore Law Firm – Client Service: HFMWeek European Hedge Fund Services Awards 2014;
• Best Offshore Law Firm: Hedgeweek Global Awards 2014;
• Best Law Firms for Offshore Work: China Business Law Awards 2014;
• International Legal Team of the Year: STEP Private Client Awards 2013/14;
• Offshore Law Firm of the Year: British Legal Awards 2013;
Areas of Practice
• Banking and Finance
• Financial Services and Regulatory
• Insolvency and Restructuring
• Intellectual Property
• International Trusts and Private Clients
8th Floor, Suites A&B, Entertainment Building
30 Queen's Road