Jackson Kelly PLLC, West Virginia’s oldest law firm, has provided legal services to clients since the 1800s and enjoys a national and international practice. Jackson Kelly maintains eleven offices which are located around the country and throughout West Virginia. The firm’s lawyers routinely work in teams which represent clients across multiple jurisdictions and in a number of practice areas.
Jackson Kelly’s practice includes virtually all areas of the law, including litigation, business, environmental, safety and health, labor and employment, government contracts and federal and state workers’ compensation. The firm’s energy practice, including coal, oil and gas and renewable energy clients, has been nationally recognized and considered preeminent amongst its peers.
This dedication to serving clients, the legal profession and local communities has served the firm well. Its results are evidenced by the opinions of others in the legal community:
• Named a “Highly Recommended Firm” by Benchmark Litigation, a guide that highlights America’s leading business litigation firms and attorneys.
• Recognized as a Go-To Law Firm in Corporate Counsel’s national reference guide: In House Law Departments at the Top 500 Companies.
Areas of Practice
• Banking and Securities
• Business Litigation
• Coal, Energy and Natural Resources
• Commercial Loans and Securitization
• Commercial Real Estate
• Employment Law
• Federal Black Lung
• Government Contracts
• Health Care
• Labor Law
• Product Safety
• Medical and Other Professional Liability Defense
• Mergers, Acquisitions and Transactions
• Mine Safety and Health
• Occupational Safety and Health
• Product Liability Defense Public and Private Finance
• Public Utilities
• Real Estate and Commercial/Industrial Property Development
• Taxes, Estates and Trusts
• Toxic Torts
• White Collar Compliance and Defense