Lex Mundi Service Standards
The hallmark of Lex Mundi is the quality of our member firms, who are among the most experienced and knowledgeable in the world and leaders in their local markets. As a condition of membership, each Lex Mundi member adheres both to a general philosophy of providing excellent service and to the Lex Mundi Service Standards.
Through the Service Standards, as well as our recruiting standards and membership review policy, clients and referring member firms can have continuing confidence in the quality of service of individual member firms.
Our Service Standards set forth procedures that member firms put in place to ensure rapid and effective responses to requests from clients and from members; consistency and well-managed handling of matters; and effective uses of technology for delivering client service.
The Lex Mundi Service Standards are as follows:
- Lex Mundi member firms commit to provide excellent service in accordance with these standards.
- Lex Mundi member firms recognize that rapid response times are essential to client service. In recognition of this:
- Lex Mundi contact persons shall be available by telephone or email seven days a week, or their telephone system or email replies shall offer alternative contacts who are available during periods when the contact persons cannot be available.
- The first response to a request shall be made the next business day or sooner and shall establish a timetable for providing the information or advice requested.
- Requests for assistance shall either be fulfilled or the requester shall be given a viable alternative within the time period relevant to the request.
- Lex Mundi member firms commit to provide the following technologies:
- Technology and software to remain compatible with technology generally used by the legal industry;
- Websites that are up-to-date with respect to firm personnel and firm capabilities;
- Technology or other resources to perform rapid turnaround conflict checks;
- Individual e-mail addresses for all lawyers and the software necessary to support Blackberry or other PDA devices for, at a minimum, all contact persons
- Electronic billing, if requested; and
- Voicemail with English language prompts before and after normal business hours.
- Lex Mundi member firms commit to:
- Provide engagement letters upon request;
- Provide fee estimates upon request and to consider requests for alternative fee arrangements; and
- Provide timely bills and render detailed bills upon request.
- Lex Mundi member firms commit to discuss with the client material deviations from project scope or fee estimates as promptly as possible once the deviation becomes apparent.
- Lex Mundi member firms commit to provide status reports, formal or informal, as reasonably requested by the client.
- Lex Mundi member firms commit to provide primary and backup lawyers (and, where appropriate, staff) on appropriate matters and to avoid unnecessary personnel changes on referred matters.
- Lex Mundi member firms commit to:
- English-speaking receptionists and operators;
- Lawyers and staff fluent in written and spoken English; and
- An up-to-date and readily accessible list of firm personnel who speak and/or read languages in addition to the local language and English.
- Lex Mundi member firms commit to address promptly client satisfaction concerns involving the service of their own firm and to communicate promptly to other Lex Mundi member firms to which referrals are made any client satisfaction concerns arising out of those referrals.
- Lex Mundi member firms commit to having an emergency plan covering:
- Reestablishing contact with lawyers, and
- Preservation and rebuilding of electronic databases.
Lex Mundi periodically and systematically reviews its member firms for continued adherence to our standards of excellence. Our member firms commit to periodic reevaluation of their personnel and service performance as a condition of continued membership in Lex Mundi.