Nigeria’s economy and population of 166.6 million is supported by the country’s rich oil reserves and other industry including coal, tin, rubber, wood textiles, cement and other construction materials. The main exports for Nigeria are petroleum and petroleum products, which account for 95% of exports to the United States, India, Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, United Kingdom, Germany, Japan and France.
Lex Mundi in Nigeria
Lex Mundi provides coverage in Nigeria through its member firm Udo Udoma & Belo-Osagie. The firm provides advice to a broad range of clients, local and international companies, including local and international banks and financial institutions, multilateral financial institutions, nonprofit organizations, private equity firms and state governments, as well as the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Representative Experience in Nigeria
- Udo Udoma & Belo-Osagie advised Rand Merchant Bank Nigeria Limited on a N12.95 million facility from African Development Bank facility.
- We advised syndicated lenders on a $3.2 billion facility to MTN Communications Limited.
- We advised Citibank, on a $200 million Diamond Bank plc subordinated note offering.
- We advised Citibank/Goldman Sachs on a $450 million FBN Finance B.V. subordinated note offering.
- We advised Rosetti Marino SpA on its joint venture with PIVOT-GIS Limited.
- We advised Petrobras on restructuring its Nigerian subsidiaries as part of a global exercise.