(ST. HELIER, March 10, 2008) – Mourant du Feu & Jeune, Lex Mundi's member firm for Jersey, Channel Islands, announced two more senior hires for its Cayman practice – Partner, Ziva Robertson and Senior Associate, Peter Hayden.
The news comes after the appointments of partners Richard de Basto from Allen & Overy and Matthew Feargrieve from Maples and Calder.
The appointments of Richard and Matthew saw Mourant du Feu & Jeune boost its Cayman Finance and Funds practices. This time, with Ziva and Peter, the Cayman Disputes practice takes its turn in receiving a flow of new talent.
Israeli-born, Ziva has practised in the UK for seven years and in the Cayman Islands for over three years. She’s fluent in both English and Hebrew. Ziva joins Mourant from her post as Head of Trust Litigation at Maples and Calder. She has in-depth expertise in contentious trust, probate and fiduciary disputes. She advises and represents local and international trustees of large private and charitable trusts.
Peter joins Mourant from Matthew Arnold & Baldwin Solicitors, where he was a partner in the contentious Banking & Finance group, dealing with financial services litigation. Prior to that, he was with Allen & Overy. Peter has also been on secondments with UBS and Barclays. Peter’s broad range of expertise includes acting for financial institutions and professionals in litigation, arbitration and mediation, particularly in insolvency related matters.
Together, Ziva and Peter will work with Cayman Disputes partner, Hector Robinson, to advance the already highly reputable Disputes practice.
Stephen Ball, CEO, Mourant du Feu & Jeune, said, “We welcome Ziva and Peter to Mourant. Their appointments come at absolutely the right time for us, as we continue to build on the capabilities and strengths of our expanded Cayman practice, now an operation of some 50 people, following our merger in 2007.”
“We are very excited about the future of Mourant in Cayman; it’s a core part of our strategy for client-led international expansion and our commitment to be the “truly multi-jurisdictional” firm offshore.”
Mourant is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary, international professional services group, specialising in fund and corporate administration, offshore law, and private wealth services. The Mourant group currently has offices in Cayman, Dubai, Dublin, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, New York, San Francisco and Singapore, and has plans for further jurisdictional growth in 2008. Employing close to 1000 individuals around the globe, Mourant believes that its single most compelling proposition is its people.
Mourant is made up of three complementary divisions:
• Mourant International Finance Administration is a leading international provider of fund and corporate administration services, with more than $150 billion in fund assets under its administration. It operates from offices in Cayman, Dublin, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, New York, San Francisco and Singapore.
• Mourant Private Wealth is an award winning, lawyer-led, private client business with an international reputation for the high calibre of its team. It offers bespoke administration solutions that protect and enhance the assets of its clients for present and future generations. It is able to offer its services from Cayman, Dubai, Jersey and Luxembourg.
• Mourant du Feu & Jeune, Lex Mundi's member firm for Jersey, Channel Islands, is one of the world’s leading offshore law firms. Operating from offices in Cayman, Guernsey, Jersey, London and New York, it specialises in providing offshore legal advice across a range of practice areas to the international finance and funds markets, and has a strong reputation in its local practices. Following its recent merger in Cayman with Quin & Hampson, the firm now has 34 partners and a total of 105 lawyers. For more information, please visit http://www.mourant.com/.
Awards received in 2007:
• Offshore Law Firm of the Year 2007 (Chambers Global)
• European Fund Administrator of the Year 2007 (Private Equity News)
• Best Third Party Provider of Family Office Services in the Channel Islands (Euromoney)
• Best Third Party Provider of Trust Services in the Channel Islands (Euromoney)