Recommended leading firm in competition/antitrust, corporate M&A, energy and natural resources, intellectual property, labor & employment, private wealth law and tax in Chambers Latin America (2018).
Basham, Ringe y Correa is a full service law firm with strong presence in Latin America. Basham established in Mexico in 1912, has more than 100 years of experience assisting clients in doing business throughout Mexico and abroad.
The firm’s clients include financial institutions, individuals, medium-sized companies and prominent international corporations, such as the:
• PPG Industries,
• AAM Maquiladora México,
• JK Tornel,
• VF Outdoor México,
• Enertec Exports,
• Tubos de Aceros de México,
• GAP INC,
• Recicladora de Propiedades y Viviendas Mexicanas,
• NBC Universal, among others.
The firm’s large group of lawyers and support staff are committed to maintain the highest professional and ethical standards. In addition, Basham’s lawyers actively participate in worldwide associations, as well as in international transactions. This in turn improves the firm’s growing capacity to serve its clients by constantly adjusting to the dynamics of the global business environment for over a century.
The high level of specialization and development of each department of the firm, together with the coordination and support of the different practice areas, plus the in-depth knowledge of markets and economic trends provide the firm’s clients with innovative, practical and timely solutions with legal and business insight.
Basham, Ringe y Correa has a team of experts across its three strategic offices located in Mexico City, Monterrey and Queretaro with unparalleled expertise in their practices.
The firm has a wide scope of services including:
Practices: Anti-Corruption, Compliance & Investigations, Antitrust, Automotive, Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Civil, Commercial Litigation & Arbitration, Commercial Insolvency, Contracts, Corporate M&A, Corporate Governance, Criminal Litigation & Counseling on Crime Prevention, Environmental Law & Sustainability, Estate Planning & Asset Protection, Foreign Investments, Foreign Trade Customs & Regulatory, Franchising, Government Bidding & Privatizations, Government Procurement, Immigration, Intellectual Property, Labor Employment & Social Security, Luxury Law, Privacy & Data Protection, Pro Bono, Tax Consulting & Litigation, Trust.
Sectors: Aerospace, Aviation & Airport Law, Consumer Protection, Gaming & Sweepstakes Area, Health, Insurance, Life Sciences, Mining, Oil & Gas, Real State, Renewable Energies & Electricity Powers, Shipping Law & Port Law, Social Security, Telecommunications, Trucking & Railroad.
Finally, the firm actively encourages the participation of all of its lawyers in Pro-bono work for charitable institutions and non-profit organizations, among others. For this purpose, the firm has created the Basham Foundation.
With over a century of delivering high-quality legal services, Basham, Ringe y Correa has become Mexico’s premium choice for domestic and foreign clients in need of solutions for complex legal work.
Basham, Ringe y Correa’s other recent recognitions include:
• The Best Latin American IP Firm in the Gold Awards 2018 by the International Legal Alliance Summit
• The Best Latin American Law Firm: Corporate in the Silver Awards 2018 by the International Legal Alliance Summit
• Mexico Law Firm of the Year 2018 Granted by Who´s Who Legal 2018.
• Intellectual Property Law Firm of the Year in 2018 Award given by the publication Best Lawyers.
• Firm of the Year in Mexico, Who’s Who Legal (2007–2017);
• Best Mexican Firm in Mexico, the International Legal Alliance Summit (Gold Award in 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016 and 2017; Silver Award in 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013,2014, 2016 and 2017);
• Mexico Client Service Award, Chambers Latin America (2014);
• Pro-Bono Award, Fundación Appleseed de Mexico, AC (2014);
• Mexico Tax Court Firm Of The Year, International Tax Review (2015); and
• Mexico Patent Firm of the Year Award, Managing IP Magazine (2016).
• Silver Award As The Best Intellectual Property Mexican Firm in 2016 and 2017 granted by Leaders League.
Basham has been distinguished as a leading firm in pro bono work; as such it received the Pro Bono Leading Light Award from Latin Lawyer magazine three times (2013–2016).
Languages: Spanish, English, French, Portuguese, Japanese, German and Mandarin.
Basham, Ringe y Correa, S.C.
Paseo de los Tamarindos No. 400-A, Piso 9
Bosques de las Lomas
Mexico City, D.F. 05120