Arthur Cox, with almost 100 partners and a total staff of 850, is one of the largest and oldest law firms in Ireland. For almost 100 years, we have been continually at the forefront of developments in the legal profession in Ireland.
We provide a wide range of services to primarily corporate clients. Our international client base includes multinational organizations, financial institutions and established global leaders as well as state bodies.
Areas on which we advise include: asset management and investment funds; aviation; banking and finance; corporate finance; mergers and acquisitions; corporate/commercial; dispute resolution; energy and natural resources; pharmaceutical and life sciences; media and telecoms; environmental and planning; EU and competition/antitrust; financial regulatory; foreign direct investment; insolvency and corporate recovery; financial regulatory; insurance; food and agribusiness; labor and pensions; intellectual property; real estate; tax; and technology.
Recent mandates have included advising:
• Applegreen plc on its acquisition of a majority interest in Welcome Break Holdings Ltd.
• The Irish Stock Exchange (coordinating the sale on behalf of its selling shareholders) on its acquisition by Euronext.
• Total Produce Plc on its 45% acquisition of Dole Foods
• CRH plc, in conjunction with U.S. legal counsel, on all legal aspects of its acquisition of Ash Grove Cement Company for a total consideration of $3.5 billion.
• eir on its €3.5 billion sale to NJJ/Illiad
• Goodbody Stockbrokers UC and Morgan Stanley on the initial public offer of approximately €3 billion of shares in Allied Irish Banks.
• Praxair on its $70 billion merger of equals with Linde AG to form the largest industrial gases business in the world.
• Actavis plc in relation to a $5.7 billion capital reduction pursuant to section 72 of the Companies Act 1972.
• Green Property on the sale of Blanchardstown Centre, Dublin 15 (the biggest single real estate asset disposal in Irish history).
• Kennedy Wilson on the acquisition of the Shelbourne hotel and the acquisition and development of Capital Dock.
• Facebook Inc on the acquisition and development of a substantial data centre in Clonee, County Meath, its EMEA HQ letting at 4 and 5 Grand Canal Square, the Beckett Building in East Wall and the Capitol Building, Cork City.
In 2018, we were awarded Irish Law Firm of the Year at the IFLR Europe Awards, Ireland Client Service Law Firm of the Year at the Chambers Europe Awards, Ireland Law Firm of the Year at the Who’s Who Legal Awards and Best National Firm for Women in Business Law, Best Firm in Ireland, Best National Firm Mentoring Programme and Best National Firm for Minority Women Lawyers at the Europe Women in Business Law Awards.
The managing partner of the firm is Brian O’Gorman and the Chairman is Ciarán Bolger.
Languages English, French, German, Mandarin and Spanish.
Ten Earlsfort Terrace
Dublin 2, D02 T380