Arthur Cox, with almost 100 partners and a total staff of 850, is one of the largest and oldest law firms in Ireland. In 2020, the firm is 100 years old. We have been continually at the forefront of developments in the legal profession in Ireland.
We provide a wide range of services to primarily corporate clients. Our international client base includes multinational organizations, financial institutions and established global leaders as well as State bodies.
Areas on which we advise include: asset management and investment funds; aviation; banking and finance; corporate finance; mergers and acquisitions; corporate/commercial; dispute resolution; energy and natural resources; pharmaceutical and life sciences; media and telecoms; environmental and planning; EU and competition/antitrust; financial regulatory; foreign direct investment; insolvency and corporate recovery; financial regulatory; insurance; food and agribusiness; labor and pensions; intellectual property; real estate; tax; and technology.
Recent mandates have included advising:
• Green REIT on its takeover by Henderson Park following a multi-phase global public M&A auction process.
• Allergan plc on its pending merger with AbbVie.
• Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp on its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Zenith Technologies.
• Ingersoll Rand plc on the $15 billion combination of its industrial business with Gardner Denver, the first Reverse Morris Trust involving an Irish company.
• Mediahuis NV on its €145.6 million acquisition of Independent News & Media plc.
• Johnson Controls International plc on its $4 billion modified Dutch auction tender offer for its ordinary shares following the completion of the sale of its Power Solutions business.
• Epiris on its recommended offer for IFG Group plc.
• Mastercard International Incorporated on all Irish law aspects of its acquisition of Ethoca Limited.
• Greencore Group plc on its sale of Greencore US for $1,075 million and related £509 million share repurchase/tender offer.
In 2019, we were awarded Ireland Law Firm of the Year at the Who’s Who Legal Awards, Most Inclusive Law Firm at the Managing Partners’ Forum Awards and Best National Firm for Women in Business Law, Best Firm in Ireland, Best National Firm Mentoring Programme and Best National Firm for Minority Women Lawyers at the Europe Women in Business Law Awards.
The managing partner of the firm is Geoff Moore and the Chair is Orla O’Connor.
Languages English, French, German, Mandarin and Spanish.
Ten Earlsfort Terrace
Dublin 2, D02 T380