Downs Rachlin Martin PLLC is Vermont’s largest law firm with four offices within the state and one in New Hampshire.
DRM’s size, professional depth, legal project management capability and northern New England location make it an attractive choice for cost-conscious regional, national and international companies seeking sophisticated legal services.
DRM’s general law practice includes banking, captive insurance, corporate and business, employment and labor, energy, environmental, government affairs, insurance defense and coverage, intellectual property, public utilities, real estate and construction, tax, telecommunications and trusts and estates law. The firm has active civil litigation and alternative dispute resolution practices and appears in all state and federal courts.
- Has furnished comprehensive legal services for power generation facility acquisitions in the United States and Latin America;
- Supplies collective bargaining, contract administration and grievance resolution legal services nationwide for the elevator industry;
- Manages patent applications for major corporations in the United States and Asia and secures trademark registrations worldwide;
- Provides due diligence and database management for wireless communications site acquisitions and for storing, indexing and retrieving high-volume documentation;
- Assists in the establishment of single parent and group captive insurers as in-state legal counsel;
- Prosecutes environmental and toxic tort claims and pursues related insurance coverage;
- Advises private clients regarding tax-optimized structuring of cross-border asset ownership and international gift and estate tax planning matters; and
- Uses virtual private networks for data-intensive applications and designs and implements extranet and other custom communications that enable clients to share the firm’s data and systems.