Steptoe has earned an international reputation for vigorous representation of clients before federal governmental agencies, successful advocacy in litigation and arbitration, and creative and practical advice in structuring business transactions.
The firm is particularly noted for its capabilities in:
- White-collar defense and other government investigations and enforcement (including anti-corruption and economic sanctions, fraud, money laundering, criminal antitrust, and tax investigations, examinations, and enforcement actions)
- International regulatory compliance (particularly FCPA/anti-corruption, economic sanctions/export controls, national and cybersecurity), including program development and implementation, transaction counseling, internal investigations and corporate defense
- High-stakes litigation (particularly involving complex commercial claims and cross-border disputes)
- Patent and technology litigation (especially life sciences, trade secrets, and Section 337 claims and controversies arising from disruptive technologies)
- Challenging regulatory issues before the US government, particularly agencies addressing energy, the environment, tax, trade, transportation, telecommunications, technology, and the Internet, as well as regulatory matters in Brussels, London, and Beijing
Steptoe has more than 500 lawyers and other professional staff across offices in Beijing, Brussels, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Washington.
Avenue Louise 489