Argentina is the eighth largest country in the world and the second largest in Latin America.
Argentina offers opportunities in fields such as renewable energy, telecommunications, transport, infrastructure, and agribusiness, among others.
Given the high education level of the young population, and the prestige of Argentine universities, many cities have also become an attractive destination for mobile, software and game development.
Lex Mundi in Argentina
Lex Mundi provides coverage in Argentina through its member firm, Marvel, O’Farrell & Mairal. Founded in 1923, the firm is a market leader at both local and Latin American levels and has been providing sophisticated, high quality advice to international and local clients for more than 90 years.
- Counsel to Banco Stander Rio in the purchase of Citibank’s consumer banking units in Argentina.
- Counsel to General Electric in the joint venture with Argentine state energy company YPF to invest USD 150 million in a thermoelectric power plant in the northern province of Tucumán.
- Counsel to Petrobras in connection with the sale of an indirect 67.19% stake in Petrobras Argentina to Pampa Energía
- Counsel to Lyondellbasell, one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies, in the sale of the 100% of its stockholding in Petroken Petroquimica Ensenada.
- Counsel to Telecom Italia in the sale of the 51% of the share capital in Sofora Telcomunicaciones, the indirect controlling company of Telecom Argentina, one of the leading telecommunication companies in Argentina providing fixed and mobile telecommunication services as well as internet.
- Argentine counsel to Globant in its USD 58.5 million initial public offering of its common shares on the New York Stock Exchange. This was the first software company originally from Latin America to list its shares in the NYSE.
- Argentine counsel to Adecoagro in its USD 314.2 million initial public offering of its common shares on the New York Stock Exchange.