The pluractional state of Bolivia is a landlocked country located in the middle of South America. Bolivia has an area of 1,098,581 square kilometers and shares its borders with Brazil, Paraguay, Argentina, Chile, and Peru.
Bolivia is a democracy divided into nine decentralized and autonomous departments. The Bolivian State is organized and structures its jurisdiction through the legislative, executive, judicial, and electoral branches.
Bolivia is a civil-law country. The Bolivian Constitution also recognizes indigenous-community justice as part of its judicial system.
Lex Mundi in Bolivia
Lex Mundi provides coverage in Bolivia through its member firm, C.R. & F. Rojas - Abogados. As one of the largest and the oldest law firms in Bolivia, the firm’s main office is in the city of La Paz, with a branch office in Santa Cruz de la Sierra and correspondents in all other major cities of Bolivia.
- Legal advice to global oil and gas market leaders such as Exterran (gas compression), Schlumberger (oil and gas services), Global Geophysical (seismic services), British Gas, and Shell Oil Corporation. Continued services to CBI which has been a client for more than 60 years.
- Legal services related to mining, on a daily basis to subsidiaries of multinationals such as Kennametal and Feishang Group (Antay Pacha and Jacha Uru) who are engaged in the collection and processing of ore.
- Services to companies involved in the construction of civil works such as hospitals (MI Global), road projects (Acciona, Graña y Montero). Our clients are also engaged in providing consulting and technical assistance in large-scale wind and solar energy projects (Barlovento, Energyst and Solar Turbines).
- Active in aviation law, assisting international clients in the registration of their aircraft leases to Bolivian airline companies. Clients include Cessna Finance Corporation, Pegasus Aviation, AerCap, KV Aviation, VRG, Iberia, ITC Leasing).
- Assist with the registration of river vessels for the Bolivia-Paraguay hydro-way.
- Assist clients with their registration and licensing needs with the local telecommunications regulator, among these are: Star One, Apple, John Deere.
- Experience with banking and finance having worked with and presently rendering service to various national and international financial institutions (Societe Generale, Merrill Lynch, Banco Santander, Banco Nacional de Bolivia, Danish Micro Finance Partners K/S).
- Advice to companies in the insurance industry (Swiss Reinsurance Group, Zurich Group, Bisa Seguros).
- Active in the financing of machinery for construction for John Deere Financial, Caterpillar Financial, Finning, Mitsui, Volvo Construction Equipment, and VTF.
- Corporate, commercial, and labor advice to multinationals directly or indirectly operating in Bolivia (3M, DHL, Herbalife, Monsanto, Autodesk, FMC, Nokia, Accenture, Kärcher, Gate Gourmet, Finning, AP, Reuters)