The hallmark of Lex Mundi is the quality of our member firms, who are among the most experienced and knowledgeable in the world and leaders in their local markets. As a condition of membership, each Lex Mundi member adheres both to a general philosophy of providing excellent service and to the Lex Mundi Service Standards.
Through the Service Standards, as well as our recruiting standards and membership review policy, clients and referring member firms can have continuing confidence in the quality of service of individual member firms.
Our Service Standards set forth procedures that member firms put in place to ensure rapid and effective responses to requests from clients and from members; consistency and well-managed handling of matters; and effective uses of technology for delivering client service
The Lex Mundi Service Standards are as follows:
1. Lex Mundi member firms commit to provide excellent service in accordance with these standards.
2. Lex Mundi member firms recognize that rapid response times are essential to client service. In recognition of this:
3. Lex Mundi member firms commit to provide the following technologies:
4. Lex Mundi member firms commit to:
Provide engagement letters upon request;
Provide fee estimates upon request and to consider requests for alternative fee arrangements; and
Provide timely bills and render detailed bills upon request.
5. Lex Mundi member firms commit to discuss with the client material deviations from project scope or fee estimates as promptly as possible once the deviation becomes apparent.
6. Lex Mundi member firms commit to provide status reports, formal or informal, as reasonably requested by the client.
7. Lex Mundi member firms commit to provide primary and backup lawyers (and, where appropriate, staff) on appropriate matters and to avoid unnecessary personnel changes on referred matters.
8. Lex Mundi member firms commit to:
9. Lex Mundi member firms commit to address promptly client satisfaction concerns involving the service of their own firm and to communicate promptly to other Lex Mundi member firms to which referrals are made any client satisfaction concerns arising out of those referrals.
10. Lex Mundi member firms commit to having an emergency plan covering: