Since 1903, Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP (“Calfee”) has been providing meaningful legal counsel in matters that are critical to our clients’ business success.
With offices in Ohio’s three largest cities (Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati) as well as Indianapolis and Washington, D.C., Calfee’s 200 professionals provide strategic and comprehensive counsel to Fortune 500 corporations, mid-sized companies, family-owned and privately held businesses, entrepreneurs and startups, government agencies and municipalities, and individuals.
Calfee attorneys often are engaged as United States or local counsel on complex legal matters domestically and internationally. Calfee attorneys work directly with our clients’ business leaders and in-house counsel as well as cooperatively as part of a client’s team of outside law firms. With Midwestern rates, a commitment to responsiveness, and a long track record of partnering with clients to meet their business goals, Calfee has been recognized as a leading law firm by Chambers USA and U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” among others.
Calfee’s legal services encompass the entire spectrum of general domestic and international business transactional law and litigation.
Corporate and Capital Markets
- Capital markets/securities transactions
- Corporate governance
- Entrepreneurial finance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Public reporting and board counseling
Business Transactions and Services
- Business restructuring and insolvency
- Commercial business and finance
- Compliance services
- Employee benefits and executive compensation
- Energy and natural resources, oil, gas and shale
- Environmental law
- Estate and succession planning
- Health care law
- Labor and employment
- Partnerships, LLCs and joint ventures
- Private equity
- Public finance and public law
- Real estate and construction law
- Information technology
- Patent prosecution, opinion work, counseling and litigation
- Antitrust and trade regulation counseling litigation
- Appellate proceedings litigation
- Business, corporate and commercial litigation
- Construction and real estate litigation
- Employee benefits and ESOP litigation
- Environmental litigation and enforcement
- Insurance recovery
- Intellectual property litigation
- Labor and employment litigation
- Public utilities and telecommunications litigation
- Securities litigation
- Tort, accident and products liability litigation
- White-collar defense and investigations
Government Relations and Legislation Lawyers and Lobbyists
Spanning the state of Ohio and Washington, D.C., Calfee’s Government Relations and Legislation lawyers and lobbyists continuously build and strengthen relationships with key decision makers to advocate for clients and work with them to provide sophisticated solutions to clients’ business needs.
Calfee Strategic Solutions
Calfee Strategic Solutions (CSS) is a communications and public affairs consultancy that works closely with clients to help them achieve their business objectives. With the ability to draw upon the expertise of Calfee’s Government Relations and Legislation lawyers and lobbyists as well as the experience of Calfee attorneys, CSS consultants provide communication when business events create an acute need to communicate – from executive leadership changes, to major economic development and workforce initiatives, to workplace fatalities and product recalls.
Calfee Zoning is a national zoning consultancy with offices in Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati, Ohio, Indianapolis and Washington, D.C. that advises local governments and property owners in crafting effective and defensible zoning ordinances that achieve the right balance between private and public benefits.