Farris LLP is a leading Canadian law firm with offices in Vancouver, Kelowna and Victoria, British Columbia.
The full-service firm represents some of the largest public and private institutions and corporations in the province, and has the proven capacity and experience to carry out complex and multi-dimensional legal projects.
Corporate and Commercial
Farris’ lawyers work with companies of all sizes, from startups to international organizations, and advise on the following areas: cross-border transactions; equity and debt financings; general corporate matters; incentive and stock compensation plans; joint ventures; mergers and acquisitions; partnerships; private equity investments; project financing; public and private partnerships; regulatory approvals; reorganizations; and syndicated credit facility transactions.
Farris’ litigators appear regularly in all British Columbia Courts, the Federal Court of Canada and the Supreme Court of Canada in areas regarding: alternative dispute resolution; bankruptcy and insolvency; class actions; commercial transactions; defamation and other tort law; product liability; and trial and appellate advocacy.
Acting for public and private sector clients, the firm’s labor and employment lawyers advise on all labor relations and human resources issues, including: collective agreements; collective bargaining; corporate downsizing; essential services; managing unions and strikes; and workplace policies (harassment and computer/Internet use).
Implementing innovative and value-added tax approaches tailored to clients’ needs, the Farris tax team represents a broad range of domestic, international, public and private clients, and works closely with the Farris corporate and securities teams to provide integrated, tax-efficient solutions.
- Twenty-six Farris partners ranked in the 2019 Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
- Seven Farris partners listed in Lexpert Guides to the Leading Energy Lawyers
- Thirteen Farris partners in thirteen years listed as Lexpert “Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40”
- Forty-five Farris partners recognized as leaders within their practice areas in the 2020 Best Lawyers in Canada Directory
- Chambers Canada ranks ten Farris partners in seven different practice areas
- Farris shortlisted for ‘Regional Law Firm of the Year’ by Chambers Canada in 2018
- Fourteen Farris partners ranked by Benchmark Litigation as Litigation stars
- Benchmark Litigation Canada ranks Farris as “Highly Recommended”
- Benchmark Litigation recognizes two Farris partners on 40 & Under Hot List