Foley Hoag represents a diverse blend of emerging, middle market and large-cap companies, entrepreneurs, executives and directors, as well as governmental entities, in a wide range of transactions, disputes and other matters in the United States and on a worldwide basis.
We have a record of success in industries such as life sciences and healthcare, technology, energy, cleantech and renewables, investment management, professional services and sovereign government representation. Our lawyers possess significant depth in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, cross border transactions, intellectual property, employment, white collar investigations and compliance, state and federal government strategies, infrastructure development, environmental regulation, and patent, securities and commercial litigation. We have a unique strength in public international law, offer market-leading international litigation and arbitration services, and provide expert counsel in the evolving field of corporate social responsibility to a global client base.
We work closely with our clients to understand not only their legal needs but also their organizational culture and objectives so we can provide creative, strategic advice tailored to clients’ unique goals. Our powerful regional, national and international practices share a common emphasis on superior client service.
What makes us different
- Insight – We deeply understand our clients’ businesses, priorities, strategies and industries.
- Creativity – We have a reputation for an intellectual approach to case analysis and efficiently developing creative, compelling legal strategies.
- Innovation – We are connected to the entrepreneurial community and detect emerging trends that will affect clients down the road.
- Size – Our clients have the full sustained attention of partner-level talent backed by large-firm firepower.
- Responsiveness – In an Internet-driven culture, we still like to pick up the phone and meet face to face to cultivate the deep mutual understanding needed for success.
- Loyalty – The exceptionally long average tenure of our lawyers reflects the appeal of our easy-going yet professionally serious culture.
- Diversity – In addition to their rich cultural diversity, our attorneys typically possess complementary expertise beyond the law, often manifested in multiple advanced degrees.
Areas of Practice
- Accountants Professional Liability
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Business Crimes and Government Investigations
- Business Disputes and Commercial Litigation
- Capital Markets
- Class Action
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Debt Finance
- Environmental Compliance and Litigation
- General Business Counseling
- Government Strategies
- Infrastructure and Construction
- Insurance Recovery
- Intellectual Property
- International Business
- International Litigation and Arbitration
- Investment Management
- Labor and Employment
- Licensing and Strategic Alliances
- Life Sciences
- Medicare Coverage and Payment for New Technologies
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Patent Litigation and Prosecution
- Privacy and Data Security
- Private Equity and SBIC
- Product Liability
- Real Estate Development
- Securities Litigation
- Trademark, Copyright and Unfair Competition
- Trade Regulation