A full-service law firm representing clients across the United States and internationally, Stites & Harbison, PLLC is known as a preeminent firm managing sophisticated transactions, challenging litigation, and complex regulatory matters on a daily basis.
With 165 attorneys and 10 offices across the Southeast region of the United States, the firm represents a broad spectrum of clients including multinational corporations, financial institutions, pharmaceutical companies, health care organizations, manufacturers, private companies, nonprofit organizations, family-owned businesses, and individuals.
Tracing its origins to 1832, Stites & Harbison is one of the oldest law practices in the nation and amongst the largest in the Southeast region. We pride ourselves on putting our clients’ business and legal needs first. We want to understand a client’s industry and business objectives so that we can appropriately anticipate their needs while providing exemplary service and value.
The firm has distinguished itself by receiving the highest quality client service awards and recognition from the most prominent organizations and publications. Select honors include:
- Chambers USA: 16 attorneys are honored. Stites & Harbison is ranked in the areas of Litigation: General Commercial Litigation; Real Estate; Corporate/M&A; Environment, Natural Resources & Utilities; Intellectual Property; and Banking & Finance.
- Best Law Firms in America: Stites & Harbison has 78 Metropolitan rankings. In addition, three of the firm’s practices are rated National Tier 1: Construction Litigation, Real Estate Litigation and Trademark Law.
- Best Lawyers in America: 75 attorneys are listed.
- Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory®: More than 70% of Members and Counsel listed as AV®-rated.
- BTI Law Firm Technology Leader 2019: Recognized as one of 61 Law Firm Technology Leaders by BTI.
- BTI Client Service A-Team 2019 and 2015: In-depth interviews with more than 350 corporate counsel at Global 500 and Fortune 1000 companies recognized the firm as a “client service leader” and “delivering the absolute best levels of client service.”
- BTI Brand Elite 2019, 2016 and 2015: The firm was honored as a brand leader in BTI Brand Elite.
- BTI Industry Power Rankings 2017: Stites & Harbison was named to the Honor Roll of Core Firms and Recommended Firms in Transportation.
- The American Lawyer’s 2018 Diversity Scorecard: The firm is ranked as one of the top Am Law 200 and National Law Journal 250 law firms for diversity